Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A worn path

In “A Worn Path”, The story and the movie seem to have a lot of comparisons to it. Not a lot changes between the story and the movie. There is a lot more descripition of the main character, Phoneix Jackson, in the story that is in text but that’s usually a given. There was also a lot more said by Phoneix Jackson in the text version than in the movie. A lot of the situations in the text version were not at tents as some of the ones in the movie. Like when she was walking across the log that went to the other side of the creek. When I read it, that part did not seem to stand out to me that much but when I saw it on the movie, I really thought she might have fallen off even though I already knew that she was not going to. Also, after she crossed the bridge she seen a little boy bring her a slice of cake. So when I ready this part of the story it seemed a little weird and out of place to me but when I accually saw the boy put the cake in her face on the movie then that’s when I really started asking questions about the story. Like; Who is that boy?; Why does he just randomly appear?; Why does he bring her cake out of all the things in the World?
But the part that really stood out to me was the fact that the written story told Phoneix Jackson’s name at the very beginning and on the movie it is not mentioned till she ends her long journey at the colored clinic. I do not know if they did that on puropose or what, but that did catch my attention.

1 comment: